Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let's Get Organized

After a couple weeks of random, haphazard posting, I have finally come up with an organized model for this blog's hopefully daily updates.  Each day of the week will be dedicated to a different category (or two) of posts.


MONDAY
  • "Canary Comics for ___" - On weeks when new issues of Birds of Prey, Team 7, or other DC titles featuring Black Canary, including trades and collections are due out, I'll give the solicitation from DC's website.  Likewise, when DC reveals info and previews for upcoming months, those will be posted here.
  • "Media Monday" - On bye-weeks when no new Dinah appearances are anticipated, I'll look at non-comics related iterations of Black Canary, like her appearances in such animated series as Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and the DC Showcase: Green Arrow short film; I'll also look at her live-action appearances in Smallville, Arrow, and Birds of Prey, none of which I've ever seen.
TUESDAY
  • "Trauma Tuesday" - While reading Dinah's first appearances in The Black Canary Archives Volume 1, I noticed that in almost every issue of Flash Comics, she got knocked unconscious and captured.  Like clockwork, this brain damage-inducing injury happened every month, and it became hard to suspend my disbelief.  And for some bizarre reason, I thought it would make a fun feature for this blog, so every Tuesday, I'll post an image of Dinah being hit, kicked, drugged or otherwise injured.
WEDNESDAY
  • "Whatever Wednesday" - While hump day is spent reading new comics, I'll add new, random images of Black Canary every week.  These could be any image from her history throughout the decades, spotlights of my favorite artists' renditions of Dinah, commentaries, or cosplay pics.
THURSDAY
  • "Out of Context" - Panels featuring Black Canary that--when separated from the issue--may be funny, suggestive, or just dumb.
FRIDAY
  • "Playdate" - Images of my DC Universe Classics Black Canary action figure interacting with other toys.  I don't have Robot Chicken's budget, but I have soul.
SATURDAY/SUNDAY
  • "Review ____" - A recap and review of Black Canary comics, new and old.
I hope this schedule works to eliminate the randomness of this blog's first two weeks.  And I hope it gives you something to look forward to at least once a week.

Choke up, BC fans!

...

That sucks. Okay, I still need to work on a clever signature for my editorial posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment