Thursday, February 7, 2013

Go Read GREEN ARROW #17...

My other medium is a #@%$ing TV show!
Black Canary is nowhere to be found in the pages of the most recent issue of GREEN ARROW, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go out and buy it right now.  Even though, to my knowledge, there has been no indication of any relationship between the Emerald Archer and the Blonde Bombshell in the New 52 so far, I still consider Ollie a part of Dinah's extended family.

More than that, though, it's just a really great issue.  Newly minted superstar writer Jeff Lemire delivers the Green Arrow story that should have launched in September 2011.  He's partnered with the phenomenal Andrea Sorrentino on art.  Sorrentino's work blew me away on the first issue of the New 52's I, Vampire, but I just couldn't bring myself to follow that comic every month.

From Green Arrow #17, art by Andrea Sorrentino.
I tweeted my praise for this issue yesterday morning.  It was then retweeted by Lemire, Sorrentino, and Justice League Dark artist Mikel Janin.  Hells yeah!

This run is barely a day old, but I'm already signed on for the long haul.  Hopefully, we can expect a Black Canary appearance or two (or seven) before the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment