Sunday, June 30, 2013

LongBox Loot: Black Canary from '93 and The Ray from '94

Just got back from vacation, and during my travels, I was fortunate enough to pilfer the Black Canary collections of two different local comic stores.  I got the four-issue "New Wings" mini from 1991/92 by Sarah Byam, Trevor Von Eeden and Dick Giordano.  I posted a pick of that collection last week.

I also snagged most of the ongoing series that followed.  Dinah's only regular series lasted a mere twelve issues, and I was able to pick up all but #9 and #10, which I should track down next week.


Almost as exciting as the Black Canary series, I managed to grab most of her appearances in The Ray from 1994.


The only Ray comic I've ever read was the Zero Hour tie-in.  I enjoyed that issue and I thought the character looked cool--I'm also a fan of Christopher Priest's writing, as if I needed more incentive--so I'm really looking forward to cracking this series open when I get the chance.

2 comments:

  1. The Ray also appeared in one issue of her regular ongoing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, issue #8. That's the one that reminded me at the store that she appeared in half a dozen issues of THE RAY a few years later.

    ReplyDelete